Beetroot hasn’t been my favourite vegetable for a long time until recently when I was convinced by the taste and goodness of it in certain beetroot juice recipes I’ve made recently.
Traditional beetroot recipes have always been either a stir fry, a salad or a roast. Not many people actually turn it into a juice or a smoothie.
Today I am going to convince you why you should take beetroot juice recipes especially if you are still not a fan of this healthy vegetable.
Beetroot juice can also stain your hands pretty easily, so you might want to also consider wearing gloves.
Here are some of my beetroot juice recipes you can try at home!
Beetroot Juice Recipe #1 – The Beet Antioxidant Powerhouse!
1/2 cup of milk (or skim milk)
Instructions: Get the above ingredients ready and start juicing them!
Beetroot Juice Recipe #2 – Carrot, Apple and Beetroot Mix!
3 Large carrots
2 green apples
3 beetroot bulbs
2 tablespoon of Crushed ice
Instructions: Get all the above ingredients and start juicing them but don’t add the ice yet. Once you have them all in a nice mix, add the crushed ice and stir well.
Beetroot Juice Recipe #3
1 stalk of celery
2 kale leaves
Instructions: Again get all the ingredients and blend it until you get a nice bright orange/red mix. Drink immediately!
Beetroot Juice Recipe #4
Check out the ingredients and instructions on my celery juice post here > Delicious Celery juice Recipes
More Beetroot Juicing Recipes You Can Follow
Now that you have seen some of my recipes, you should know a thing or two about beetroot and its health benefits.
Health Benefits Of Beetroot
There are a myriad of health benefits from eating beetroot. Everything ranging from lowering blood sugar levels, improved blood circulation to detoxifying your body can be achieved by consuming this root vegetable.
Below are some of the more detailed explanation on how beetroot helps improve our health:
- Betaine For Blood Pressure: Beet or beetroot contains a antioxidant known as betaine which has been shown to reduce inflammation and reduce blood pressure. There are some good scientific studies that have shown that betaine helps dilate blood vessels and hence treat hypertension and improve blood flow to the heart. But, in order to benefit from this, an average person needs to have 500mls of beetroot juice every 24 hours according to a study published in the journal Hypertension.
- Betaine For Your Heart: Betaine has also been shown to improve cardiovascular health by reducing the accumulation of homocysteine.
- Betaine For The Brain: A separate study done in North Carolina also showed that the improved blood circulation can help improve blood flow to the brain and hence may have an impact on Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
- Build Iron Stores! Think your spinach is a better source of iron? Well, beetroot leaves are an even rich source of iron! You need to eat young beetroot leaves to fully benefit from it.
- Makes You Feel Good: Drinking beetroot juice or eating beetroot makes you feel good as it contains tryptophan. Apparently, betaine also helps you to feel more at ease and more relaxed!
- Detoxifying: Another compound called beta cyanin also helps your body get rid of toxins and reduce fatty deposit buildup.
- General Wellbeing: In general, beetroot contains Vitamin C, phosphorus, Vitamin B6, iron, zinc and magnesium for general health and wellbeing.