One of the greatest benefits of drinking juice is to lower your blood pressure. Hypertension is one of the most common chronic diseases affecting millions of people around the world. A lot of it is contributed by our high salt intake, lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle. While reducing sodium intake, getting more exercise and staying more active does help lower your blood pressure, drinking juices can also help lower your blood pressure.
What Do Studies Suggest About Vegetable Juice and Blood Pressure/Hypertension
Recent studies carried out has proven that some vegetable juices help lower blood pressure, here are some of them:
- Four stalks of celery helping to lower your blood pressure, “Celery studies yield blood pressure boon – 3-n-butyl phthalide chemical contained in celery,” In this study, Le and Elliott determined that the phthalide compound works by lowering the concentration of stress hormones, or catecholamines, in the blood. These hormones cause blood vessels to constrict.
- A recent study showed that drinking small doses of beetroot juice helps reduce blood pressure. It even reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke. The research article can be found here
Whether or not you are the type who drinks vegetable juice, 5 servings of vegetables a day helps maintain good health.
This is what one person mentioned about drinking vegetable juice for 10 years. Also includes, a vegetable recipe that you can follow as well!
“First, stop eating processed food. Limit table salt, stop smoking, limit sugar, exercise every day, learn about breathing technique, no more red meats, add more vegetables and fruits in your menu. Second, juicing is the best way to reduce your HBP dramatically as I experienced after being HBP for more than 10 years and now I’m back to normal. What I did is juicing fruits and veges. Mix them together.”
Vegetable Juice Recipe
Drink 1-3 times a day (a cup) of freshly pressed fruits vegetable juices. Choose vegetable that you can tolerate. Each cup of juice may contain one, two ore few of the following
- FRESH celery (root and greens),
- wheat grass, barley grass, dinkel grass
- parsley (root and greens)
- dark green vegetables
- Root Turnip and Leafy Turnip
You can test the following combinations or create your own:
Carrots, parsley and celery
Carrots, cucumber and celery
Carrots, spinach and kale
Oranges, carrots, lettuce
Carrots, wheat grass and kale
carrots with any green veges
green veges with oranges.
Examples of great vegetable juice recipes can be found here:
The Healthy Green Drink Diet: Advice and Recipes to Energize, Alkalize, Lose Weight, and Feel Great
712 total customer reviews...
Ultimate Juicing: Delicious Recipes for Over 125 of the Best Fruit & Vegetable Juice Combinations
40 total customer reviews...
Juicing Secrets: Weight Loss, Fasting, Detox Cleanse and Good Health Through Natural Juicing
9 total customer reviews...
total customer reviews...