The Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe is another stainless steel juicer in the lineup of Jack Lalanne juicers. The features are pretty much the same as other models. What makes this juicer different than the rest if the stainless steel finish, giving it a more professional external appearance. The internal components remain pretty much the same. As usual, the patented extraction technology used here extracts up to 30% more juice than conventional juicers. I would say that some Breville models actually perform better than this.
So how does it look like?
Features Of The Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe
In terms of features this is what to expect from this “Deluxe” model:
- As usual, this jack lalanne juicer comes with a non-drip spout
- High quality surgical stainless steel blade
- Very quiet operation – Definitely whisper quiet, unlike other juicers that can be pretty noisy
- High RPM motor that has a MAX RPM of 3,600 – more than enough to reduce your fruits to juice
- Extra Large Round Feeding Chute – Allows you to accommodate larger sized fruits thus minimizing the need to cut your fruits to smaller pieces
- Pulp collector – Very large one in fact, larger than all the previous Jack Lalanne juicer models reviewed here
- Dishwasher safe
- Safety features – This juicer will not operate if not properly assembled. It also reduces the risk of causing an electric shock by only allowing the juicer to connect to a polarized outlet one way.
What You Will Like About the Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe
1. Allows Larger-Sized Fruits
This Deluxe Juicer has an EXTRA large feeding chute as you can see above in its features. You will not find another Jack Lalanne juicer with a feeding chute as large as this model. So, if you are lazy and you hate doing extra work of cutting fruits, then this juicer is the better choice for you. Of course, you will need to ensure that the fruit sizes are not TOO large! If you try to force things through, not only will you have difficulty removing the fruit but you might damage the blades. I have accidentally put a larger than normal sized apple in it through the feeding chute but thankfully the surgical grade stainless steel blade could still handle it. However, I would not recommend doing this stunt with your own Jack Lalanne juicer machine at home!#
[box type=”info”] This machine can handle almost any fruits. However, if you wanna make banana or avocado juice you might be disappointed. No Jack Lalanne juicer machine can handle this. If you try doing it, you might clog the machine.[/box]
2. Very Easy To Use
In terms of assembly and disassmbly, I find no difference doing it on this Juicer compared to other Jack Lalanne juicers that we have reviewed on this website. Almost all the internal parts of the juicer have a template that fits in nicely to each other. If you do find problems with assmebly or diassembly, you can always refer to the manual that comes with this juicer.
Tips On Using This Machine Better
This is based on my experience using this juicing machine:
- If you want to get top quality juice with the Jack Lalanne Deluxe Power Juice, you must use ripe fruits. Do not use fruits that are too ripe.
- Do not force fruits into the juicer. Doing so will damage the blades or jam the machine. Feed fruits through the chute slowly using the pusher.
- If you find that there is too much pulp in the pulp collector, remove it otherwise you will clog the filter and juicing will not be as effective.
- Do not try to juice vegetables or any herbal roots that has low water content despite the manufacturer saying that it is safe to do so as in my experience this juicer is incapable of extracting much juice from it. You might as well get a mastication or triturating juicer.
Things That I Thought Could Be Better
Small Drain Hole
This is my number one annoyance. The manufacturers may have designed a larger feeding chute and pulp collector but they didn’t do anythign about the drain hole. It really beats me on why they haven’t done anything about it. Once this drain hole gets plugged, it creates quite a big mess that is very undesirable to clean!
My Final Verdict
Overall, the Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless Steel is a pretty good juicing machine with some minor issues here and there. It may have Jack Lalanne’s name all over it but it still cannot beat Breville’s range of juicers in terms of build quality, innovation and durability.
I would give this juicer a 3.5 star.
If you wanna find out more about this juicer, check out the link below!